Breakup quotes aren’t only for lame Facebook status updates and your cousin’s dubious Instagram feed. They can be a lifesaver when it comes to healing a shattered heart.
It’s never easy to break up with someone you care about. Breakups hurt. Letting go of someone you care about might feel like ripping yourself apart, especially after weeks, months, or even years of accumulating precious memories. However, that’s life; people leave after falling in love, and we must deal with it. Suffering is optional, it depends how you accept your situation. For sure, it is hard to walk away still loving someone.
The majority of the time, breakups are difficult. Pain is inevitable. Trying to think out what to say to break up with someone without invoking some kind of negative emotion is near impossible. Dealing with a breakup is difficult since you don’t just stop loving someone overnight; you go through various stages. Sometimes you don’t know what haunts you, and don’t know how to get rid of it.
Breakups have a good side though. In knowing how to move on, this allows you to discover more about yourself while healing your wounded heart. Taking a break from love allows us to reconnect with ourselves while also allowing us to recognize that we aren’t alone in our sadness. People have been dealing with broken hearts since the dawn of time. As time goes on, you realize it was a wrong person for you and move on. It is important to learn to be a happy person again.
A list of sad breakup quotes
Love quotes and break up quotes have a lot in common, both are about love, good or bad.
Here are some of the most inspirational breakup quotes you’ll ever read. It will ease your pain for sure.
- “You can love them, forgive them, want good things for them … but still move on without them.” — Mandy Hale
- “How do you know when it’s over?” “Maybe when you feel more in love with your memories than with the person standing in front of you.” —Gunnar Ardelius
- “I felt her absence. It was like waking up one day with no teeth in your mouth. you wouldn’t need to run to the mirror to know they were gone.”― James Dashner, The Scorch Trials
- “You must understand that love never keeps a man from pursuing his personal legend. If he abandons that pursuit, it’s because it wasn’t a true love…The love that speaks the language of the world.” – Paulo Coelho
- “If people refuse to look at you in a new light and they can only see you for what you were, only see you for the mistakes you’ve made, if they don’t realize that you are not your mistakes, then they have to go.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Two people who break up could never be friends. If they can stay friends, then it means that they are still in love or that they never were.”
- “A breakup is like a broken mirror. It is better to leave than risk hurting yourself trying to pick up all of the broken pieces.”
- “It is sad how someone can go from being the reason you were smiling to being the reason that you cry yourself to sleep.”
- “…the sad part is, that I will probably end up loving you without you for much longer than I loved you when I knew you.
- Some people might find that strange.
- But the truth of it is that the amount of love you feel for someone and the impact they have on you as a person, is in no way relative to the amount of time you have known them.” ― Ranata Suzuki
- “When your heart is broken, you might sit there wondering if you will ever be enough for anyone. You are enough, who always have been and you always will be enough, no matter what happens.”
- “I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh, but I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry.” —Dr. Seuss
- “When you finally realize that you are worth more than an unhappy relationship and have the courage to end it and move on, you are finally free.”
- “Watching someone leave your life can be hard and heartbreaking, but that person was the wrong one. Imagine how much better you will feel when the right one does come along.”
- “Sometimes you may not end up together but you’ll certainly light up each other’s way back home.” -Wattney
- “Just because it hurts. Just because it’s really painful, doesn’t mean that it is not the best thing for you in the long run.” -Rosemond Perdue
- “There’s a basic human weakness inherent in all people which tempts them to want what they can’t have and not want what is readily available to them.” – Kathleen Casey
- “One of the hardest things you will ever have to do, my dear, is to grieve the loss of a person who is still alive.”
- “I walked away because you were busy finding faults in me, while I was busy overlooking yours.“
- “I will try to live my life without you. Sometimes looking back to see if you are following, to see if you had a change of heart and realized that you love me again. By that time I hope I’d be able to say “I don’t love you anymore“ with more conviction and truth in it.”
- “Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it’s better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself by putting it back together.”
The connection between breakup and breakup quotes
Breakups are difficult. It hurts, it keeps you awake at night and it makes you cry. However, you have to accept that it’s over and move on with your life at some time. A person leaves but else is about to arrive. Breakups aren’t intrinsically awful; they simply serve as a reminder that the relationship you were in wasn’t the one your heart sought. These breakup quotes might help you feel better, whether you’re ready to move on or not. If you’re going through a difficult split right now, look through the list and pick out the breakup quotes that speak to you the most. These are the ones that made you realize something such as the painful but true reality of your current situation.