Before you can truly love anyone else, you must first love yourself. These love yourself quotes should function as a constant reminder to respect the person who stares back at you in the mirror. First, you need to love yourself, then you can expect others to love you. If you don’t love yourself, you’re more likely to accept a type of love that isn’t as good as you deserve. One of the most important things is to love oneself because how we treat ourselves has a direct impact on how we treat others. Self-love isn’t a selfish deed; it’s a necessary talent for generating the strength needed to love others.
Considering this, we’ve compiled a list of inspirational, beautiful, and pleasant love yourself quotes, love yourself sayings, and love yourself proverbs that we’ve gathered over the years from a range of sources. Continue reading to see some of our favorite self-love phrases that will show you how amazing you are on the inside and out!
“You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.”
Love yourself quotes that will help you feel confident
Here are 33 love yourself quotes. Read them and think about everything they point out.
- “If you can learn to love yourself and all the flaws, you can love other people so much better. And that makes you so happy.“ Kristin Chenoweth
- “Love yourself for who you are, and trust me, if you are happy from within, you are the most beautiful person, and your smile is your best asset.“ Ileana D’Cruz
- “Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that’s when you’re most beautiful.“ Zoe Kravitz
- “Love who you are, embrace who you are. Love yourself. When you love yourself, people can kind of pick up on that: they can see confidence, they can see self-esteem, and naturally, people gravitate towards you.“ Lilly Singh
- “I think every girl needs to love herself, regardless of anything. Like if you’re having a bad day, if you don’t like your hair, if you don’t have the best family situation, whatever, you have to love yourself and you can’t do anything until you love yourself first.“ Julianne Hough
- “Until you love yourself until you really believe that, you’re stopped in your tracks. That’s why it’s so important to wear what you want to wear and be who you want to be.“ Chrissy Metz
- “All we have is today. Just live it. We don’t know about tomorrow. So, enjoy the day. Love yourself, and spread love around.“ Charlotte Rae
- “One thing I did was to create a Love Yourself List. I wrote down everything I like about myself and put it on my bathroom mirror. Then I read it until I believed it. Any time I compared myself to others and felt negative about myself, I’d go back to that list.“ Lizzie Velasquez
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Everyone of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.” Diana, Princess of Wales
- “When you make a mistake, respond to yourself in a loving way rather than a self-shaming way.” Ellie Holcomb
- “Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you! Shout loud, ‘I am lucky to be what I am!…’” Dr. Seuss
- “Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?” Brigham Young
- “Once you embrace your value, talents, and strengths, it neutralizes when others think less of you.” Rob Liano
- “If you don’t love yourself, nobody will. Not only that, you won’t be good at loving anyone else. Loving starts with the self.” Wayne Dyer
- “Respect yourself, love yourself, because there has never been a person like you and there never will be again.“ Osho
- “I have discovered, just as my teachers always told me, that we already have what we need. The wisdom, the strength, the confidence, the awakened heart, and mind are always accessible, here, now, always.“ Pema Chödrön
- “You are morally obliged to take care of yourself. You should take care of, help, and be good to yourself the same way you would take care of, help and be good to someone you loved and valued.“ Jordan Peterson
- “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” Brené Brown
- “You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.“ Diane Von Furstenberg
- “You can never meet your potential until you truly learn to love yourself.” Teresa Collins
- “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.“ Brené Brown
- “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weights you down. Make peace with yourself before you move forward.” Roy T Bennett
- “How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you.“ Rupi Kaur
- „You are imperfect, permanently and inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful.“ Amy Bloom
- “The absence of self-love can never be replaced with the presence of people’s love for you.” Edmond Mbiaka
- “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.“ Lucille Ball
- “It sounds like a cliché but I also learnt that you’re not going to fall for the right person until you really love yourself and feel good about how you are.” Emma Watson
- “I’ve finally stopped running away from myself. Who else is there better to be?” Golden Hawn
- “Lighten up on yourself. No one is perfect. Gently accept your humanness.” Deborah Day
- “Have the courage to love yourself like you always wished someone would.”
- “Find the love you seek, by first finding the love within yourself. Learn to rest in that place within you that is your true home.” Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- “The moment you stop comparing yourself to others because it undermines your worth, education and your parent’s wisdom.” Shannon L’Alder
Do you like these love yourself quotes?
Secret to happiness is to set boundaries, focus on yourself and start working on your confidence. There are many ways to learn to love yourself, so go on, you can do it! You will attract a larger caliber of individuals when you’re inspired by all the reasons for why you should love yourself. Use this newfound emotion to undertake actions that will help you to increase your self-love. Surely, this “start to love yourself” process is the bravest part when working on yourself. These love yourself quotes will help you with it.