Toxic relationships shouldn’t be something usual. Love is supposed to be a beautiful and peaceful experience. However, if you find yourself in a toxic relationship, these toxic relationship quotes might relate to you. Also, realize that some people are toxic on their own. Joel Osteen says: “God made you a masterpiece – be blessed, secure, disciplined and equipped.”
Working on relationships
Relationships are something that needs lots of energy and investment. You need to always work on your relationship and things that are happening with it. It’s hard to keep a relationship going strong and romantic, but it’s not impossible. You need to fix any situation in your relationship if you want to make your relationship better and healthier. It’s not good to keep a relationship toxic forever because you and your partner will get tired in time. So fix it on time! Don’t let some occasions affect your connection with your partner. Be patient, take time, try to make your relationship better, talk with your partner, invest in your relationship and so on. Every problem is possible to solve, you just need some time to realize how.
Toxic relationship quotes for her
Don’t be sad or disappointed if your relationship ends up being toxic. Maybe you will find yourself in these toxic relationship quotes and they will help you, at least, to feel better. Sometimes we are overthinking some situations or we don’t try enough. In the end maybe it’s not your fault, but for sure you need to figure out what situation you’re in. Here are 10 quotes for a toxic relationship that can maybe help you to find out what you really want.
- “If a relationship cannot tolerate you having a voice, it will be toxic to your physical and emotional health.” – Dr. Anne Brown
- “One of the hardest things to do in life is letting go of what you thought was real.” – Dr. Anne Brown
- “A relationship without trust is like a car without gas, you can stay in it all you want, but it won’t go anywhere.” – Michael J Herbert
- “If you’re in a relationship and all you do is cry, you need to stop and ask yourself, are you dating a human or an onion?” – Karen Salmansohn
- “Forgiveness is a personal process that doesn’t depend on us having direct contact with the people who have hurt us.” – Sharon Salzberg
- “Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.” – Steve Maraboli
- “We teach people how to treat us.” – Dr. Phil
- “Lots of things can be fixed. Things can be fixed. But many times, relationships between people cannot be fixed, because they should not be fixed. You’re aboard a ship setting sail, and the other person has joined the inland circus, or is boarding a different ship, and you just can’t be with each other anymore. Because you shouldn’t be.” – C. JoyBell C.
- “Its better to be healthy alone than sick with someone else.”- Dr. Phil
- “Never make yourself feel like nothing to make someone else feel like everything” – Unknown
Toxic relationship quotes for him
Opposite from women, men find it harder when showing emotions. They will always keep it to themselves, even if they feel bad or hurt. That’s not a good thing to do, however, because when you store bad emotions and bad vibes it turns into toxic behavior or a toxic relationship. Talk about your feelings and things that are going on in your mind. Learn how to write an apology letter to a girlfriend. Showing emotions is a sign of maturity. Be a man, act like a man. In these 10 quotes, you will maybe find yourself or your relationship.
- “Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows.” –Unknown
- “Toxic people attach themselves like cinder blocks tied to your ankles, and then invite you for a swim in their poisoned waters.” – John Mark Green
- “The key to a good relationship is the key. Give me back the key.” – Ronnie Edwards
- “A woman is a reflection of how you treat her. If you don’t like how she is acting, look at how you are treating her.” – Unknown
- “You deserve to be with somebody who makes you happy.” – Unknown
- “I think its important to realize you can miss something, but not want it back.” – Paulo Coelho
- “If they do it often, it isn’t a mistake; it’s just their behavior.” – Dr. Steeve Maraboli
- “Letting go of toxic people in your life is a big step in loving yourself” – Huseein Nishah
- “If you’re giving love and not receiving it, you’re not in the right relationship. If you’re receiving it and not giving it, then you are taking advantage of the other person.” – Patti Stanger
- “I know it’s over and it never really began, but in my heart, it was so real.” – Unknown
Leaving a toxic relationship quotes
Leaving a toxic relationship needs courage and bravery. Also, it needs a little knowledge, how to break up with your girlfriend. It’s not an easy decision. Before every big decision, you need to think about it. Leave it till the morning, get a clear head and don’t react immediately. Try to find advice, try to talk to your partner. Maybe there is a solution. Healthy relationships need time and patience. Love is something that grows with time. You need to take care of it. If you water any plant too much it will die. However, if you don’t water it at all it will also die. The balance is key. Right things at the right time. Here are some leaving toxic relationship quotes for final thoughts.
- “Do not hold your breath for anyone,
- Do not wish your lungs to be still,
- It may delay the cracks from spreading,
- But eventually they will.
- Sometimes to keep yourself together
- You must allow yourself to leave,
- Even if breaking your own heart
- Is what it takes to let you breathe.”
- – Erin Hanson
- “I seem to be torn between ‘I wish we’d met earlier’ and ‘I wish we’d never met’.”
- – Ahmed Mostafa
- “He would hurt me and make the hurt my fault. So no matter who got hurt, I was to be blamed, always.” – Namrata Gupta
- “Maybe I fell in love with a version of him that didn’t exist.” – Namrata Gupta
- “Why am I driving myself crazy trying to figure out why you keep hurting me? I’m not the “Narcissist Whisperer”. If you want to poison your own life, fine… But I’m done letting you poison mine.” – Steve Maraboli
It’s up to you now
If someone is hurting you, then it’s time to leave. Love yourself first and be happy. Give people only what they give to you, never be a second option and never beg for love. Love is an amazing thing that makes everything look better and feel awesome. Bring in good people, people who love you, who appreciate you. Your partner should be someone who gives you strength, love, understanding, peace, and happiness. You can know that it’s love if it feels amazing. These toxic relationship quotes have some good explanations of what love is and what it isn’t.